Protection From the Elements
The exterior design of homes didn’t matter much back in the day. Log cabins all looked similar, and most customization was done through decorations. Modern homeowners have more options than that. That means there may come a time when you’re looking for a home external renovation like a siding upgrade. Whether it’s aesthetics or strictly function, you want siding that protects your home and looks good at the same time. Siding is supposed to be good for both purposes, so you want to choose the correct material for your needs. Homeowners want something that will stand the test of time without getting easily damaged or broken. Before you go out looking for “vinyl siding installation a how-to guide,” it’s time to research the right materials for your home. House siding comes in many different materials and is relatively customizeable that offer varying levels of protection at different prices. A popular option is a vinyl siding installation.
Siding Options for Homeowners
When you’re thinking about making a change to your home, having a contractor work on vinyl siding installation is has a lot of benefits. It’s true, you have other options for your home. Some of the most popular questions for homeowners looking for new siding options are “Which is better aluminum or vinyl siding?” and “Which is better stucco or vinyl siding?” Aluminum siding is one of the cheapest options available for siding, so if the first question that comes to mind for home siding is “How much does it cost to put siding on a house?” then this could be the material for you. It has a set of issues that homeowners can’t avoid. It requires repainting as time goes on since it is metal. It is also vulnerable to scratches and dents. It even has the issue of being a loud material. Stucco is another choice for homeowners not initially interested in vinyl siding installation, but it also has its flaws. Stucco has to be applied in several layers, which takes time. It needs to be applied meticulously, or it will be even more prone to damage than normal. Stucco needs to be kept free from moisture, so if your home is somewhere that it rains constantly, this isn’t the best option for you. It’s true, proper gutters and downspouts help, but there are a lot of risks involved. Stucco also cracks over time. With those unfavorable problems, that leaves a clear choice in the form of a vinyl siding installation service.
Benefits of Vinyl Siding
- Customization Vinyl siding comes in a variety of colors. Unlike aluminum siding, a vinyl siding installation means never having to repaint your home. If you ever decide to change color schemes, you could repaint it if you wanted to. Vinyl doesn’t require any type of finishing material or coat like other products. Manufacturers possess the ability to create sheets of vinyl siding in any possible shape and size, making it the perfect option for people that have oddly shaped homes or buildings.
- Durability Unlike aluminum siding, vinyl siding is incredibly durable in terms of visual damage. It bounces back from most minor forms of damage while metal sidings regularly collect dents and scrape to coats of paint. The only cleaning your vinyl siding should ever need is power washing any collected dust and dirt, which should be minimal because vinyl siding doesn’t have the appropriate surface area for dirt buildup. The question “How many years does vinyl siding last?” comes up pretty often for homeowners looking to change out their siding. Most experts agree that vinyl siding lasts approximately 50 or more years when properly installed and maintained. Vinyl is also one of the best materials for dealing with extreme weather and is highly resistant to rain and heavy winds.
- Easy Installation and Upkeep If you were remodeling bathroom, you’d need an expert contractor to ensure your plumbing was taken care of. Vinyl siding is very user-friendly in comparison with other options. It is a lightweight material, so it is easily transportable. The same lightweight property makes it a great choice for small contractor teams or homeowners that was to try it themselves.
- Environmentally Friendly Modern vinyl siding is made from naturally occurring materials and is easily recycled.
- Price Vinyl siding installations are one of the cheaper options on the market. Not as cheap as aluminum, but cheaper than wooden shake and other visibly high-quality materials. A five-by-twenty-four-inch piece of vinyl siding will probably cost you less than ten dollars.
Vinyl Siding Installation Tips
Vinyl siding is an excellent choice for homeowners looking to protect their home from the elements and potentially up their curb appeal. It’s so widely manufactured that questions like “What is the best vinyl siding brand?” can be narrowed down by price, name value, or even available quantity. You can conduct a vinyl siding installation yourself if that’s how you want to do it. You only need a vinyl knife, level, hammer, the proper nails, and actual materials. That means pieces of siding and the accompanying flashing. Think about the benefits of hiring professional contractors before you go looking for vinyl siding installation steps. When you hire a professional vinyl siding installation company, you’re taking the pressure off of yourself. If you screw the project up, you have to pay for the damages and additional equipment. Professionals ensure that you don’t have to pay extra to get the job done. Just like some people might need to hire a Lake Ozark, MO residential roofing company, consider hiring the best for your vinyl siding installation job. When you need vinyl siding installation in Osage Beach and Lake Ozark, MO, reach out to the home renovation specialists of Thompson Roofing & Reconstruction at (844) 877-7663 to learn more today!