Insurance Claim Process
We understand that the insurance claim process can be confusing, so here is a breakdown of the process, step-by-step. Remember that we are on your side, and we will walk you through the entire claim process for your repairs in Lake Ozark, MO, and nearby areas.
- Your insurance company will want you to have us come out to do a FREE roof inspection to confirm that there is actual storm damage before they send out an adjuster.
- If we find damage, we will call your insurance company with you and set up an appointment for your insurance company’s adjuster to come out and inspect the property.
- Once the adjuster appointment is set, your insurance company’s adjuster is required to call you within 48 hours of filing your claim. The adjuster will call and give you the date that they will be coming out to inspect the job. It is very important that you get the date and time your adjuster will be coming out, and get all of their contact info such as email, phone number, fax number etc.
- Thompson Roofing & Siding will assign a professional roof inspector/project manager to your claim. The project manager will be required to meet with your adjuster during their inspection to make sure your adjuster does not miss any of the damage.
- Once your project manager and insurance adjuster finish the inspection of your property, your adjuster will submit an “estimate”, or “scope of work”, on their behalf. This scope of work or estimate will be emailed, or a hard copy will be mailed to you via U.S. mail.
- Once you receive your estimate or scope of work, you will need to submit it to the roofing division at Thompson Roofing & Siding @ email@example.com or FAX it to (573) 873-2258. Your project manager will then review your scope of work to make sure your adjuster’s measurements are correct, and to make sure your adjuster did not miss anything during their inspection. This is called supplementing the claim.
- Once the claim has been looked over and supplemented, you may be issued additional checks or money. Please hang on to these checks; your project manager will collect them at the end of the job.
- Once supplementing is complete and you have picked your shingle color, we will collect your deductible and order materials. When the materials arrive, our crew normally comes the day after to complete the work. Most normal residential sized roofs are completed in 1 day.
The next phase of the insurance claim process is receipt of payment. Payment from your insurance company is as follows:
Once the claim is approved, your insurance company will issue payment to either you or Thompson Roofing & Siding. The payments come in two phases. The first payment will be the ACV or actual cash value check, and the last check will be the RCV or recoverable cash value depreciation check.
On most jobs and insurance policies, the “depreciation” is recoverable once the job is completed after your project manager sends your insurance company a completed job invoice. The ACV check will be submitted to you as soon as the claim is approved, either in person or by mail. The RCV check will be the last check you or Thompson Roofing & Siding will receive after the work is completed.
Please hang on to all your insurance checks and put them in a safe place for your project manager to collect after the job is completed. Sometimes you won’t have to worry about that because the checks will be submitted directly from your insurance company to Thompson Roofing & Siding. It just depends on your insurance company.
If you have any questions about the insurance claim process in Lake Ozark, MO, or surrounding areas, please don’t hesitate to give us a call! (573) 789-8367